Monday, May 5, 2008

Set it Straight - Youth of Today Cover Set


Set it Straight - Youth of Today Cover Set (924 Gilman)
Genre: Hardcore
Year: 2006
Format: Cassette Source


Tracklist:
01. Flame Still Burns
02. Disengage
03. Positive Outlook
04. Make a Change
05. Wake Up and Live
06. Standing hard / Can't Close My Eyes
07. Straight Edge Revenge [project x]
08. No More
09. Youth of Today
10. Break Down the Walls

Lineup:
Harry Petty - Ray Cappo (Vocals)
Curt Baer - Porcell (Guitar)
Nate Corbin - Sammy Siegler (Drums)
Ben Paulsen - Walter Schreifels (Bass)

This live recording came off of the PA at 924 Gilman's annual Halloween show in 2006. The idea is that Gilman picks a theme each year and the bands that play the show have to cover another band in it's entirety, this year was 80's punk/hardcore, and we chose Youth of Today. We dressed, talked, and acted like YOT that night, I even cut my hair into an 80's posi-top and bleached it. Overall this was one of the most fun shows I've been to and I'm glad I got to participate. Anthony Anzaldo (of Ceremony fame) sing the Project X song. The first song comes in a little weird because the soundguy pressed record too late, so I spliced the audio from a hi-8 videotape of the show. Here was the flyer:


http://rapidshare.com/files/113050077/Set_it_Straight_-_Youth_of_Today_Cover_Set.rar.html


No comments: