Thursday, May 8, 2008

Utility - 1995 Demo

Utility - 1995 Demo
Genre: Punk
Year: 1995
Format: Cassette

Tracklist:
01. October Fifteenth
02. Oops
03. Meatheads
04. Number One Song

Lineup:
Mat Calderon - Bass, Vocals
Nate Payne - Guitar, Backup Vocals
Sean - Drums
Curt Baer - Guitar

In late 1995, Utility and Undercover Savants (my current and ex bands, respectively) split time at the Filibuster studio in Sacramento. Engineered by the drummer for Pocket Change (I think his name was Kirk?) we did this 4 song demo. I had really just joined Utility, I think I'd been in the band for only a couple months and only played one or two shows, though Utility was a staple to nearly every redding show at the time (along with 3 Out Of 4). We broke up within a few weeks of recording, and this was never released. The art I have up here (and on the Band Practice Demo) I made from an old flyer, but it never had real art as it never came out. Mat once jokingly told me that this was his "Fat Mike" phase, but I really like this recording nonetheless, it sounds real good and is fun to listen to.

http://rapidshare.com/files/113527038/Utility_-_1995_Demo.rar.html


No comments: