Thursday, May 8, 2008

Utility - Band Practice 1995

Utility - Band Practice 1995
Genre: Punk
Year: 1995
Format: Cassette Source

Tracklist:
01. Quality
02. Hoodrat
03. Untitled
04. Cleanup

Lineup:
Mat Calderon - Bass, Vocals
Nate Payne - Guitar, Backup Vocals
Sean - Drums
Curt Baer - Guitar


This was a tape I made of a Utility band practice in early 1995 so I could practice along at home, and I'm glad I did because as far as I know it's the only time these songs were recorded. There are no vocals on this recording, it was made with a boombox. "Hoodrat" later became a Blockbustaz song. "Cleanup" was my favorite Utility song but I remember it being vetoed on account of it being "too aggressive." There's actually a lot on this tape, a whole side of a TDK 90min, but I only ripped the songs that weren't on the demo and only the best takes at that. There's some pretty hilarious banter on this tape including "I heard the Routies are gonna get beat up this weekend", and other outlandish stuff, maybe someday I'll rip all that and put it up here under Genre: Comedy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/113531339/Utility_-_Band_Practice_1995.rar.html


No comments: